Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A friend suggested I take another prego picture and post it for all to see. Don't I look great? Lucky me gets to renew my license next month so I'll have a head shot of this for the next few years. I think I'll fib a little and stick with the weight I already have on it instead of what I currently am at. I might get there again sometime soon (unfortunately, I wasn't there pre-pregnancy...I'm so terrible!)
Friday, February 8, 2008
How long have you been together? Married 3 years in July.
How long did you date? 10 months - engaged for 5 of them.
How old is he? 31...I told him he could never call me his "Old lady" since he's older than me.
Who eats more? Chris, definately. My family calls him "Beefcake".
Who said "I love you" first? He did and then he said I didn't need to say it back. I did, but it was weird since I wasn't sure at the time.
Who is taller? Chris is by an inch or two. If I'm wearing shoes and he's not, I swear I'm taller.
Who sings better? I sing better. When I met him, he was in this band (as the singer) but it was the yelling kind. He doesn't sing much anymore.
Who is smarter? We are both smart in different things. His knowledge is in the random and weird.
Who does the laundry? We both do it although he's shrunk a lot of my stuff. He's now learned that some of my things don't go in the dryer.
Who does the dishes? If I make dinner, Chris does dishes. If he makes dinner, I do dishes. He usually does the dishes more and I'm thankful. I would rather clean toilets than do dishes...seriously.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I sleep on the right side. He switched for a bit, but I didn't like it.
Who pays the bills? Lucky me!
Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn to mow, but I'd make him do it. I mowed the lawn too many times in my youth.
Who cooks dinner? Most of the time I do it.
Who is more stubborn? Probably me.
Who kissed who first? Chris went in for the kill first. I hadn't kissed anyone for a long time so I was totally scared. I'm glad he was brave.
Who asked who out? We were kind of hanging out with friends at first and then he asked me to see a movie and go to dinner.
Who proposed? Chris did. The day was a suprise, but I knew it was coming.
Who is more sensitive? I am more sensitive. And that's not just because I'm preggers right now.
Who has more friends? Girls usually have more friends.
Who has more siblings? We each have the same amount (3 sisters and 2 brothers)
Who wears the pants in the relationship? Sometimes I think I do since he makes me be in charge of some things, but it's his duty as the man of the house.
Who are you tagging? If anyone reads this who hasn't been tagged..."You're It!"
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Some of you know I work at an elevator company. It has it's ups and downs...hehe. Going through some of my old emails from co-workers I ran into this and I wanted to share. Even those at ThyssenKrupp (my company) know how to have a sense of humor about their job.1) When there's only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and then pretend it wasn't you.
2) Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
3) Ask if you can push the button for other people, but push the wrong ones.
4) Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, "That's mine!"
5) Bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.
6) Move your desk into the elevator and whenever someone gets on, ask if they have an appointment.
7) Lay down a Twister mat and ask people if they'd like to play.
8) Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on ask them if they hear something ticking.
9) Ask, "Did you feel that?"
10) Stand really close to someone, sniffing them occasionally.
11) When the doors close, announce to the others, "It's okay. Don't panic, they open up again."
12) Swat at flies that don't exist.
13) Call out, "group hug!" then enforce it.
14) Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering "Shut up, all of you, just shut up!"
15) Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, "Got enough air in there?"
16) Stand silently and motionless in the corner, facing the wall, without getting off.
17) Stare at another passenger for a while, then announce in horror, "You're one of THEM" and back away slowly.
18) Wear a puppet on your hand and use it to talk to the other passengers.
19) Listen to the elevator walls with your stethoscope.
20) Stare, grinning at another passenger for a while, and then announce, "I have new socks on."
21) Draw a little square on the floor with chalk and announce to the other passengers, "This is my personal space."
22) Make race car noises when anyone gets on or off.
23) Whistle the first seven notes of "It's a Small World" incessantly.
24) When arriving at your floor, grunt and strain to yank the doors open, then act embarrassed when they open by themselves.
25) Greet everyone getting on the elevator with a warm handshake and ask them to call you Admiral.
26)On the highest floor, hold the door open and demand that it stay open until you hear the penny you dropped down the shaft go "plink" at the bottom.
27) When at least 8 people have boarded, moan from the back: "Oh, not now, dang motion sickness!"
28) Meow occasionally.
29) Bet the other passengers you can fit a quarter in your nose.
30) Frown and mutter "gotta go, gotta go" then sigh and say "uh-oh!"