Found the fantastic idea for a picture holder over at Shanty 2 Chic. Seriously, those girls are brilliant with some of the things they come up with. Total cost was around $8 maybe and I made 4. Found the 2x8 in the leftover wood bin for $2 and I think I had a good 4 feet of it. So I had five 9" pieces cut. The finials were in a 2-pack for $1.99 each. The girls loved them. I suggested they could use them in their kitchen to hold recipe cards, a picture or whatever you want to clip up.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? For everyone to be happy and healthy.
2. What is your Christmas morning / Hanukkah Nightly tradition? The past two years, which we will now continue forevermore, I've made a delicious Ham Puff breakfast and drank hot chocolate. It would be nice if it also snowed Christmas morning, but that's up to "Old Man Winter".
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? A nice long uninterrupted nap.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money? Spend time with family and friends watching Christmas movies (we have quite a large selection), singing carols, and even driving around neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights at night.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up? We loved playing Pictionary and laughing at each others drawings. After awhile everyone discovered that my twin sister and I couldn't be on the same team since we seemed to read each others minds.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood? We always got new pajamas on Christmas eve and before bed we'd read the nativity story. Christ is the reason for the season.
7. Where would you go for a Christmas/Hanukkah-away-from-home trip? America's winter playground - Vermont!
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year? 1. The hubs wants to up his skills with Rock Band 3 and the killer drum-set. 2. A Wii Fit has been on the wishlist the last two years. 3. I don't think anyone would complain if we had a DSi.