Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Hiding Place


Behind this door is our bedroom closet. Nothing much in there except Chris's and my clothes, shoes, bed linens and bath towels. It has also become a hiding place for a particular little boy I know and love. How it came to be I'm unsure. I do know he has watched me stand in this very closet while I figure out what I'm going to wear for the day because he usually comes in and shuts the door behind him. But, his use of this space is very much different than mine.



He loves to open and close the door while saying "Hi, Mom!" But, when he has the door shut for a little longer I know he is now using the room for another purpose and usually emerges smelling not so cute and cuddly anymore. If Luke has become quiet and I don't know where he is, my first thought is to check the bedroom closet. Not only do I find Luke, I also find a diaper change waiting for me. Now you know why I have dubbed it the hiding place.

No comments: