Saturday, September 18, 2010

Projects galore

I know it's not yet October, but let's fast forward to the next major holiday...Halloween. I saw this kit for making countdown calendars on howdoesshe.com. I actually had all the supplies on hand except the halloween paper so I asked my sister, Christina, if she wanted to make them ourselves. We cut the 4x4's at her place (my bro, her roommie, has major power tools) and spraypainted them black. I thought they turned out pretty good. Instead of vinyl we used blackcard stock instead which worked just as good.

Next up. I just had a friend get married and I wanted to do something different. I found this fun temple idea here, unfortunately, they didn't have the Seattle Temple. I remembered Christina took some pictures of the temple a while back so I got a copy of one and played around with it until it looked aged and also personalized. I printed it out at work on the colored laser printer (shh..don't tell), mated and framed it. Sorry I didn't take any good pictures of the finished project. I do hope they like it. I need to make one for myself now.

My younger brother recently became a dad. They named him Hunter James Miller-Hall. He's such a cute little thing. Born 17 days early weighing in at 5lbs 8oz.

In the spirit of a friend I know and new babies I made a set of blocks for the mom and bouncing baby boy. Forgive the picture quality...I used my cellphone to take the picture.


That's it for now. I am working on a couple more things, but they require sewing and my machine decided to spaz out on me. Ugh... I haven't wanted to sit down with it again as I wasted a whole evening earlier this week and I needed to get to my other things. Stay tuned for more craftiness.

5 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

Cute photos! You are so talented

Michelle said...

You've been busy! I love all of your projects. Now, how do you find the TIME to do them??? :)

Chelle said...

Seriously loving all of the cute stuff you've created lately! I second Michelle - when do you have time to do all of that AND work full time? You are amazing!

Tamara said...

I don't get to work on anything until after Luke goes to bed. My crafty kicks go in spurts because I can't stay up late too many nights in a row. Plus Chris helps a alot with keeping the house in order so I'm not just coming home to cook and clean everynight after work....just mainly cook.

Unknown said...

Hunter James Miller. :)