Monday, January 24, 2011

Things to Share

It's only made it's way back to me once so I think I've held in the secret pretty good. I've wanted to tell some friends in person, but the timing has been off so I'm sorry this isn't an "in person" news drop.

Baby Walchli II will be arriving in August.

This pregnancy took us totally by suprise. I went to the doctor for one thing and came out knowing something totally different. Here's the story:
I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for a few months (an after-effect of a bad cold). After putting it off forever I decided to go see the doctor to have it checked out. She looked in my ears, asked a few questions and said I should make an appointment with an ENT since she couldn't see anything wrong with my ear. She did want to write up a presciption for a steriod and antibiotic so she asked if I was nursing or pregnant (I had Luke with me so I guess those are legit questions) and I said no. I was thinking to myself Luke is a little old to be nursing, but some mothers do still I've heard. Second, Chris and I had already had the talk the week before and he wanted to wait longer to have another child....like 2012. But, I rephrased my answer to..."Well, I don't think I'm pregnant. We aren't trying right now anyway." Next question from the doctor, "When was your last period?" (I know I'm getting graphic), and I proceeded to tell her it should have started the day before, but it has been a day late a time or two. To be on the safe side, she wanted to check. So, I took the prenancy test with the knowledge that it won't be positive and I'll get my drugs and maybe this ear thing will clear up finally. Yeah...I was so wrong. She comes back in with a smile and tells me that she won't be prescribing me anything today because the test was positive. WHAT?! Not expecting that answer. I'm in shock...I even started to cry and then the doctor starts tearing up and then she says, "Merry Christmas". After I pulled myself together, Luke and I left the doctors office with my ear still plugged. How could this be (I'm on the pill)? What am I going to tell Chris...will he be upset? What are we going to do with Luke and a new baby while I'm working? So many questions and what am I gonna do!
Chris wasn't upset when I told him. He was shocked just like me, but that's wore off and we couldn't be more excited. I did get myself a home pregnancy test just to make double-y sure. I guess, the Lord feels that we are ready and can handle this new addition to our family. We're just gonna roll with it. We'll cross the bridge of "what's gonna happen when I have to go back to work" when we get there. I know the Lord will bless us and everything will be alright. That's the thing that worries me the most, but I'm going to have faith and know that the Lord works in mysterious ways. I've got quite a ways to go and lots can happen.
P.S. I am at 10 weeks AND my ear unplugged by itself the week before last.

10 comments:

Rose said...

AWESOME!!! Congratulations!

Emily Cheney said...

Congrats! What inspiring faith you have. I know things will work out. Luke will be a cute big brother.

Glad your ear is better, too!!

angelalois said...

Whoo hoo! You're a superstar! and WHAT A FUN STORY. Congrats guys.

Grossarths said...

That is a fun story! Yeah, I guess you were supposed to have another little one. We are excited for Luke to have a little brother or sister! Keep us updated.

Heidi said...

What an interesting and funny way to find out!!! Congrats!

Keri Parr said...

How exciting for you family. I am sure it will all work out, some how it always does.

Luscher Family said...

Oh Congratulations Tamara!

Bridget said...

Congratulations! And best wishes. It'll be really hard with two...until the little one starts crawling and being able to play. Then it'll be easier. I hope you aren't too sick.

Chelle said...

So happy for you, Tam (& Chris)! Thanks for sharing your story and thanks for being such a wonderful friend. :) Can't wait to see Baby #2 this summer!

Stacey said...

That is the BEST story! At least you have 9 months to actually get used to the idea when you weren't expecting it yet!