Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Getting crafty...


A gal in our ward had a "block party" and I decided to take advantage to make something cute for the baby's room. I thought it turned out so cute I wanted to share it.
As you can see we've already picked out a name and the colors for his room. It's really sad that the picture is so dark so you can't see the color of the wall behind the blocks since we've painted the room a light green. I haven't picked a theme such as airplanes or dinosaurs....just the colors of light green and light blue.
Recently, I've been looking at baby bedding and I've decided I could just make a baby quilt myself instead of buying something expensive. Since we're going to have to purchase other items that are costly why not cut a corner somewhere? Chris got me a sewing machine for Christmas so why not make something special to warm my little one?
I'm reading more about baby stuff from the books my doctor gave me and I'm starting to get nervous. I hope I'm ready for the pain of labor. I think I have a high tolerance for pain, but sometimes I don't think I do. Chris thinks I'll turn into one of those nightmare ladies who yell at their husbands like they show on t.v., but I highly doubt that. At my check-up today my doctor told me he doesn't start making predictions yet, but he thinks I should deliver a 7 1/2 to 8 pounder. That's not too bad, I guess. I just don't want to push out a 10 pound baby. Yikes!

5 comments:

wandering nana said...

Hey, I made the quilts, bumper pads, diaper holders and ruffle for my girls cribs. If you need help, let me know. And.. thanks for posting, I miss reading about you. Once Luke is here you won't remember what it took to get him here... just keep happy thoughts and realize you're not alone.

chelle. said...

those are SOOOOO cute. i want to make some, too. love them.

Ann said...

Wow. Cute blocks. Good job!

Chelle said...

I second Nana's comments - I love to hear what's going on with you guys (even though we see each other every Sunday)! The blocks turned out great - but I'm not surprised - you always do such nice work!

Rose said...

Cute blocks! You did good!