Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A new year

Christmas and New Year's have come and gone and I have no pictures to post. I forgot my camera while we were on our way to my parents house Christmas eve and none of my siblings have sent me pictures even though I've asked. My dad, the guy who still uses a camera with film, was happily snapping photos and he's got them developed already. All I need is a scanner, but that's at the bottom of a long list of things I really don't need right now. Christmas day I was sick and I didn't want pictures of me taken. Chris told me I looked like death. I don't think I need a picture memory of that.

A new year has begun and the Walchli Life will be changing quite drastically come the end of March. Are we ready for it? Heck, no! But, we're excited to become parents and start our family. We've picked his name: Luke William Walchli. I've always like the name Luke and I'm glad Chris liked it, too. We didn't argue back and forth about that. I wanted to use Christopher as a middle name, but Chris didn't like that. Then, we decided on William. Not only is it a family name on my side, but it also is for Chris (plus it's his middle name as well).

We're currently working on putting together our baby's room. We've picked the colors (light green and light blue), but not a "theme". I'm not sure if I will, which I think is alright. One of my sisters did tell me it's not as easy to buy things for the baby's room if you don't have a theme. I want to make my shopping easy. Finding things in a color, plus a theme would make things harder. I guess I will find out once I get out there and start buying things. I think my reasoning makes sense anyway and Chris doesn't seem to mind.

Be thankful your husband isn't into video games. Chris has bought himself a new game called "Rockband". He played it at a friends house and after that he had to have it. It comes with an actual size guitar (it's electronic so it doesn't have strings, but it does have a strum thing so feels like you're playing), a drum set with drumsticks, and a microphone. You hook all this stuff up to your gaming system and pop in the game, choose a song on a scale of easy, medium or hard, and play along. The game tells you when to play by it's streaming color codes. If you've ever seen the game dance dance revolution with the arrows, it's like that. The game rates how well you do and at the end of the song it will give you a percentage. You also can play with three people or pick an instrument and do it solo. What the actual object of the game is I have yet to discover, but I do know if you want to feel neglected buy this game for your husband. It's a good thing we don't have a baby or I'd be really mad. I may hide the game soon, though.




2 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm grateful that Dave doesn't like video games. However, you can be very grateful that Chris doesn't want to own REI someday!

Rose said...

I'm sorry that you felt sick on Christmas!

I love your choice for a baby name! Very cute! I bet he will be so cute too! Can't wait to see him!

That game sounds awesome. I don't usually play video games... but that sounds like one I'd play! I don't know if Jared would like it or not... he's more into hunting games... that kinds of stuff...

Well... yes, good thing the baby isn't here yet... but when the baby IS here... you can just say, "How about you spend less time playing that game and more time with your son?" I think men usually have a softer spot for their children than they do for their wives, but I could be wrong...