Saturday, March 8, 2008

Showers!




It's getting down to crunch time. A little over two weeks to go and I am not quite ready. My co-workers threw a surprise shower for me and I also had one with my family and friends. This baby sure has been spoiled! Chris and I are have been so blessed to know such great people. Thank you everyone!

One of our biggest gifts we received was the travel system that my work bought. I've got it assembled and practiced pushing around the stroller to get the feel of it. Being tall I wanted to make sure I didn't have to lean over any to push it. (Don't laugh). Now I just need to figure out the base and the carrier and how to strap it into my car. I wasn't old enough to drive when my nieces and nephews were babies so I don't have experience in that department. Something I did notice the stroller is super heavy. I don't know how mothers lift this thing in and out of their cars.

Other shower photos:















5 comments:

wandering nana said...

Cute pictures. I'm sure there are plenty of "experienced" moms that can show you how to put the seat in. You really collected the stuff. I can't believe it is almost time for Luke to be here. Keep us posted. (you really didn't have to send a thank you card.... it was really cute.)

Rose said...

Awww... you're so cute! Your shower was lots of fun! Those cupcakes were delicious too! :)

If you still need help figuring out the carseat, I can help out! Or you can always take it to your local fire department or police station. Providence Everett Medical Center (Pacific Campus) also does car seat checks. It's not too tricky once you get the hang of it!

I can't believe that we are due in 2 weeks already... WOW!!!

Chelle said...

Thanks for posting - it's great to hear that you got all of the things you need to outfit little Luke. And that travel system... very cool!

The pictures are equally great. I just have to say that you look beautiful & beaming - my only hope is to look half as fabulous pregnant as you have.

Julie said...

I am getting excited that your having Luke soon. I keep checking your blog to see if he's come yet! Aren't baby showers the greatest. True the gifts are "for the baby", but we all know they are really for us moms!
Nothing is more nerve wracking than car seats. I still double check Jake's to make sure it's installed tight enough, and he's 3. Welcome to motherhood! And if you think the stollers heavy, just wait until Luke is 12 pounds and you get to haul him around in the carrier. I swear baby carriers have added weights in the bottom. Motherhood is definately not for wimps!!

Emily Cheney said...

Your showers look like they were so fun! I wish I lived closer! Will you email me your mailing address? I want to send something to baby Luke!!!