Friday, September 12, 2008

My, how he's grown.


How the time flies!  Luke is 5 months old and is getting so big.  At his 4 month appointment he was already 17 1/2 pounds.  He's not a chunky kid either....he's just long.  He measured in at 27 inches which is the 99 percentile for height at his age.  Kids do grow like weeds.  

Here are the things Luke's been doing.   He is now sitting up on his own.  He wobbles a little, but for he's getting pretty steady.  

Luke is also starting to eat solid foods.  Well, cereal isn't super solid, but it's not formula.   I think he's ready for baby food since he watches us eat and grabs for it if we're holding him.  Chris is more than willing to share with that baby boy.  One day I came home from work and Luke's shirt was red and wet all down the front.  When I asked Chris what he gave Luke he told me they shared a popsicle.  Way to go on getting our child addicted to sugar already, Dad.  

Luke loves to have books read to him.  I even get to read it instead of only pointing at the pictures.   I think he'll be a reader like his Momma.  Luke also loves kisses.  He is such a lovey and cuddley baby.  He hasn't become scared of new people yet, but maybe he won't ever be which is s a good and bad thing.  Good for family that he doesn't see all the time.  Bad because strangers aren't always good.  

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

He is so darn cute... I can't believe how fast he is growing.

Chelle said...

I know - I was thinking the same thing at church. He is getting SO big and SO cute! He's the perfect mix of both of you guys. :)