Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's day

The day before Mother's Day.
Christina was putting together a gift for our mom and wanted to take some pictures of the temple so we packed up Luke and drove the 1/2 hour. What a beautiful day! The flowers were blooming, the birds were singing, people were getting married. It was lovely. It took many a picture for Luke to look at the camera since he was so fascinated by the fountain behind us. I swear, I still can't get him to smile when the camera comes out. I hope that changes soon.

Mother's day was great. Even though we have church at 9am, Chris made me breakfast in bed. Usually it's a banana or something running out the door when our ward has the early time slot. The young men in our ward gave mothers and future mothers a flower. Awwww In the evening, we went to my parents and had a BBQ. I don't need anything fancy, just being with the ones I love is enough for me.

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

He is so cute. I love his picture. Thank you for the Mother Day treat too and I'm glad you got to have a special day.

Chelle said...

I love the temple picture of you and Luke. And HUGE kudos to Chris for treating you right on Mother's Day!