Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1st Birthday - Hooray!



My darling little boy is no longer so little. Luke turned a year old April 7th. Although it was his birthday, I took him in for his 1 year well child check-up and he got some not so fun shots. We waited until the weekend to have his party so it didn't completely ruin his day. Currently, Luke weighs in at 25 lbs 3 ounces and is 32 inches long. Last year on that date he was 7 lbs 10 ounces and 19 inches long. See what I mean? ...not so little.

Last week was full of firsts. Not only did Luke turn one he also got his first haircut. Unfortunately, I didn't pull my camera out when they were cutting his hair so I don't have any pictures. Man, I need to document his life better. I just went to a place by my house that was inexpensive. The gal who cut his hair was fast and she was able to keep going with all his head turning. Luke only whimpered when she turned the clippers on and went at him, but he didn't cry. He is my very big boy! I was kind of worried she wouldn't leave him with any hair because it seemed like she was cutting a lot off. In the end he looked so handsome.

Although I stressed about the birthday party for Luke, it went really well. I had a ball theme. I wished I planned better because my camera ran out of memory and I left my other memory card at my sister's house earlier in the week so I didn't get all the pictures that I wanted....especially the decorations which I put a lot of thought into. The pictures I do have are courtesy of my sister Christina.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

How cute! I'm sorry I missed it!

Ann said...

He's so cute! Happy birthday, Luke!