Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Knockoff Wood inspiration

I've always wanted a bookshelf in Luke's room, but I couldn't find any that were a good buy. There are those at Target or Walmart, but I've had those before and wanted something a little more durable. One of my "do it yourself" sites listed on the right is Knockoff Wood and this gal has everything you need down to the size of the nails for building your own furniture. It is amazing! I found these bookshelves that she built that are a knockoff from Potterybarn and thought to myself...I could make those.

Off to Home Depot we went to purchase our materials from the list off the website.
Luke is always a big helper.


This is my brother Dave. He's is a framer/builder by trade and he helped me with my shelves. Plus he has a nail gun which made things go a lot faster, but it still took the whole afternoon on Saturday.


We made two of these bad boys and they turned out fantastic! All they need now is paint.

Once I have them completely done and in Luke's room I'll take a picture. These are going to be one of those items of furniture we'll have for quite a long time. My next woodworking project will be the Farmhouse bed. I don't think it will be for awhile, but it's in my sights of things to accomplish!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE it! I'm going to have Brian build us a bed too. What a great website!! Now if only we had some more time..... :)

wandering nana said...

Remind me to show you my "wheat bed" that I had a guy build for me when I had my store. I can hardly wait to see the bookcase painted.