Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday, dogs and another crafty thing...

I have a sister who has children with birthdays that fall very close to major holidays. My nephew Aidan's birthday some years falls on Thanksgiving and his sister Bailey's birthday is two days after Christmas. Note to self: If you have a child with a birthday on or very near a major holiday, remember that they still need a special day just for them and to celebrate their birthday first. The mom of these two, my sister, did try and gather the family together before Christmas, but some of the other family were sick and so it was cancelled. Bummer... We did eventually get together and I took my camera.

They have a little toy Pomeranian that Luke loves to squeeze. I'm so afraid he's going to pop the little things head off.

Here is the wreath I made this weekend. I used squares of red felt and hot glued them to a Styrofoam wreath I bought at Joann's. The felt is supposed to look like red roses, but it didn't turn out as well as the picture I saw. This one did take me a while since I had to cut the felt and then do the whole hot gluing thing (which I got a nasty burn and a huge blister from). I hung it on the front door for the picture because I liked the contract of the black, but it hangs on the wall in the front room near the garland I made last week. These are my first valentine's day decorations. They've been kinda fun and I may just make some more. We'll see what next weekend brings.

Had to throw in a picture of my handsome guy getting ready for church this morning. He was too busy eating the cookie I bribed him with to hold still or he might have smiled after I did his hair.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh my goodness - I am loving the wreath... I think it looks awesome. Would you teach me how to make one? :) You are my crafting hero!!

wandering nana said...

He is so cute. i love the wreath. I made a Christmas wreath many years ago like it but in green. My directions had you use pins to put in the styrafoam and then twist the felt square. I remember it taking forever as I had to cut like 300 squares. I love it on your door.

Michelle said...

My mom has a pomeranian and I swear Evan is going to pop her head off too! :) Little dogs and toddlers don't mix well. Love the wreath and Luke's church outfit!

Athene said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.