Monday, April 19, 2010

Stating the Obvious

I color my hair not only to perk up my drab natural color, but to cover up the gray I have. There is a lot, especially my temple area…it’s frightening how much I have. If you have met my mom you know where I'll be in 20 years. I think her hair is lovely, but I’m not ready for that right now - so colored it is!

My last coloring was in January so my grow out is pretty scary. No one can see my graying temples if I wear my hair down, but when I pull it back you can see the grays in all their glory. Now, I’m confident enough to not worry about it and wear my hair however, but when my husband points it out?

Scene:

Eating dinner with my parents on a Sunday evening.

Chris: “Tam, you’ve got quite a bit of gray hair there on the sides.”

Me: “I know – thanks for pointing it out.”

Chris: “It’s not that bad.”

Me: “It must be if you can see it from across the table.”

Yikes people! I think it's time to take action.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Eek!!! To be honest, I've never noticed any gray hair... but husbands tend to notice those little things that everyone else doesn't notice! Maybe he should just learn to love it. :)

wandering nana said...

I never even noticed. I don't mind turning gray. My father and my grandfather didn't grow gray until late 6o's and 70's. I have some but my younger sisters are all gray. I highlight my hair for body (very fine hair). The Mr will sometimes tell me he sees gray... I tell him I earned it.