Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothering Moments


I wish I had a lot of great advice and things to say about being a mom. I'm still pretty new and getting the hang of the whole thing.

I don't get to observe the way my child learns and discovers new things on a daily basis because I am at work. It does make me sad that I have to hear about it second-hand, but I would not change how much I enjoy being a mom.

Luke is getting so much better at talking. Although he can't describe everything he's done during the day, he does come running to give me big hug as soon as I get home during the week. And sometimes, when he feels like it, he will say "I love you, Mom". Those are the moments that are brightest in my day. The ones I love and enjoy.
What are some of yours?

2 comments:

Rose said...

One of my favorite things is to see my children playing nicely together! I know there might come a time when they don't like their parents as much, so I'm glad that they are learning to be close as siblings!

Julie said...

I love the random moments when my children say "thanks" or when Jake say's "I like you mom". It makes all the hard work worth it.