Thursday, December 2, 2010

A First


I took Luke to his first theater movie over Thanksgiving weekend. My sister-in-law was taking her kids to see Tangled so we went along too. Because I am sheltered with no regular cable I had no idea what this movie was about except it was the story of Rapunzel. Luke had free admission, but I was nervous having to pay for a show I might not see. I know Luke can sit through a whole animated film (I've lost count at how many times he's watched Cars), but in the dark, with other kids I wasn't certain he'd sit still for that long. Oh happy day - Luke sat and watched the whole show! What a relief that was. There was 5 minutes of restlessness near the end, but he settled back down on my lap. I thought Tangled was great and I know the boy did too because I heard him laugh a bunch. Plus he loved having popcorn and sharing mom's soda. No more "taking a young child to the movies" fear for this family.

No comments: