Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to the old grind....

I've started back to work this week. It's sad...I know. I didn't cry once Monday when I dropped Luke off with my sister or during that first day. We have had our separate time so I've already adjusted. There were those days apart while I was in the hospital, the many doctor visits and the dentist appointments where I went without Luke. Chris even let me go to Target while he watched him so I could pick up a few things. Of course, many of these times weren't longer than an hour (and he didn't really know me right after he was born so I'm not going to count that time). But, I still miss him during the day and want to hold and kiss him. I call to check on him and he seems to be doing fine without me. I hope Luke doesn't forget who I am since I'll only be spending 3 waking hours with him a night. My main fear is missing something while I'm away. I hover over him with a camera so I can catch all the cute things he does. Okay, it's not that bad. He is already starting to try and laugh out loud...right now it sounds like a cough, but I hope I am there the first time it sounds like an actual laugh or him rolling over for the first time, too. I'm not sure how those career mom's do it...the ones that actually want to go back to work. Or, those who hire nannies because their lives are so important to have kids in them. Does Angelina Jolie really play with all those kids she has? Don't women want to watch their children grow and learn instead of depending on someone else to do it? I know I do and hope that it isn't too much longer before I can stay home to do it.

3 comments:

K. C. said...

Tamara,

luke is adorable! How fun for you. I read that you went back to work, I hope that is going okay for ya. It is always hard to go back. I connected with you on my blog and wanted to say hi. Miss ya tons and happy to see life going so wonderful for you :)

Kim (In Utah)

Grossarths said...

Oh Tamara-
I'm so sorry you're back at work. That hard. Luke won't forget you though. You are such a great mom to him. Hang in there.

wandering nana said...

Hey mom, Luke knows your smell"P Babies always know who their mom's are. Even mom's that don't work don't always get to see the first in everything, they just get to see it all a lot more... and in the end it is your arms he will feel the most secure in and fall asleep in. My understanding is that Jolie does not have a nanny. Hang in there, he knows you.