Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 4, 2009 (another belated post)

We had family in town for the 4th of July weekend. Chris's mom came to visit and brought Rachel and Jackson. (Oh, and I can't forget Uncle Bob) We rode the ferry over to Bremerton so Uncle Bob could show us the navy base since he was once in it, but I don't think he was actually stationed there. Since I'm not familiar with the area, as I never go over there, (nor is Bob) we didn't do much else. We ate lunch and then turned around an hour later and got in the line for the ferry to head back to Seattle. Fortunately, there is a great water spray park right next to the terminal...we had to kill an hour and a half.
When we got back to our place, the kids and I headed to the pool at our complex to swim while Chris started the BBQ and Bob made the food.
About 8:30pm we all piled back in the van and headed to North Everett for the fireworks display. We waited for quite some time because they didn't start until 10:15pm. Luke was asleep before we even got there, but woke up right before they started. The only pictures I have to go off of that night are those those on Chris's phone. Bob wandered off and left the van locked so I couldn't get our camera. Luke did learn a new word that night. He now says, "Whoa". It's so cute.

No comments: