Friday, July 24, 2009

What lazy days?


I totally wished I had more time to spend in this wonderful weather we're having this summer. As a full-time working mom I don't often get the chance to kick back and relax. When I get home in the evening it's dinnertime, bathtime, and then bedtime. I really don't get a moment to slow down until 9pm, but since I've been up since 5am wanting to do anything for myself (updating my blog for example) isn't high on my list of things to get done for the night. Weekends are filled with errands, laundry and household chores. Summer is my favorite time of year and lately I haven't had the time to relish in it.

There have been some weekends where I've taken a vacation from everyday life. At the end of June, Luke and I took a road trip with my mom and sisters to Logan, Utah for a family reunion.
My sister Christina I spent a day with some of my old roommates from college which was fun. Unfortunately, I wasn't so good at capturing the moments spent with them which I'm now regretting.
It was a fun reunion and good to see the extended family. It's fun to see everyone, however, living in Washington we only saw these aunts, uncles, and cousins once a year so none of us sisters know anyone really well. I know my mom enjoyed it and loved catching up with her cousins. She has another reunion, again in Utah, in August that she and my dad are going to.
We stopped by my old stomping grounds, Utah State (Go Aggies!!), and got a shot of us at the bull. Next trip we'll make it up to the "A" on old main hill.

We also had a barbecue at my aunt and uncles house in Tremonton and Luke got to me some more cousin friends. These are actually my cousins kids kids. Since my 1st cousins are older than my oldest sibling, their kids are closer to my age these are their kids...but we're all family so cousins are cousins, right? He loved watching these two little guys. Daxten is in red and Jager is in blue and both are 2 years old. Luke was as big as these boys and the only difference was you can't understand what he's saying. Luke is a chatter-box. I really wish I had some sort of translator that I could plug into my ear so I could dicipher what he's saying all the time.

Next post....4th of July. I'll find the time to add it.

1 comment:

wandering nana said...

I love the picture of Luke in the swing. What a fun time...