Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Big boy!


October is here and Luke is officialy 18 months . He has grown in height, but not in weight. Since his 12 mo. check-up he's grown 2 1/2 inches and only gained 5 ounces. The boys has dropped all the baby fat....no more chubby cheeks.

Two months ago Luke started going to a daycare center a couple days a week to have interation with other kids. Since I work full-time and my parents mainly watch him, he doesn't get to play much with other kids his age. The first month or so he cried and clung to me every time I dropped him off which was heart-breaking, but he is used to it now. I know he has a lot of fun and he's learning so many things there. I get so excited when he demonstrates something new. One evening he started squatting and then would quickly stand up which I figured out was him jumping. Now he can say the word jump. When we play I will say, "1-2-3 Jump" and then he jumps. He'll move his body when I say the word even if he's sitting down. It's pretty funny.

Luke's transition to nursery went very well which I'm betting is due to the fact I work full-time and he's used to me leaving him with someone five days a week and to him what's one more day? I am watching the Relief Society room door for a nursery leader to bring me my crying child, but I don't think it will happen. If one of them does bring Luke to me it's most likely going to be for the changing of a stinky diaper.

3 comments:

wandering nana said...

He looks so grown up in that picture. I was amazed how much he talked the other night.

Michelle said...

I love the picture! Where did you get them taken at?

Julie said...

What a handsome little guy! I can't believe he's already a year and a half! Enjoy your free time in RS, I'm so jealous!