Sunday, January 17, 2010

My new addiction

Just before Christmas I happened upon a craft blog called U Create which led me to another craft blog which led me to another and another and another etc...etc. Since then I'm been pathetically hooked to craft blog hopping. It's gotten so bad that I use my lunch hour at work to check on my favorite sights to see what these gals have come up with or happened upon. If only I was so clever! I added a few of my favorite sites over on the right if you want to check them out and be inspired like I have. Here's what I've made so far.

Chris got me a Cricut machine for Christmas. This is the first and only thing I've made with it so far. I haven't had much time but to go over how to run the machine. So, I picked up Valentine paper at Michael's on Saturday and was able to make this in the amount of time Luke napped. Good thing it was 2 hours long. Anyway, I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Another project I did was make a slipcover for my sewing machine. It is now protected from all the dust while it waits for me to use it. This one took me more than 2 hours, but the end product was well worth the time. I made one for my sister, Christina, as well. She got a sewing machine for Christmas and boy is she putting the miles on it. I'll post the awesome bag she made me next time.

I've got some other things I'm going to give a whirl next weekend when I get the time, but for now this is it. I'll keep you "posted", if you don't mind.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the sewing machine slip cover! Where did you find the fabric? I'll be checking your favorite sites for the pattern. :)

angelalois said...

wow! you're a busy woman to be doing all you do and being super crafty (with WOOD no less). I am impressed. Maybe Dina can get you to do some Super Saturday classes???