Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shopping fun....or not


Trying to make an outing to the grocery store more fun I decided to get the cart that had the car attached to it. Have any of you tried to push one of those things? It's impossible! I had the hardest time pushing it straight and turning corners. It was all great and exciting at the beginning when Luke found out he had his very own steering wheel, but then he got bored with it and kept trying to crawl out. Wanting him to get interested again I would stop and say, "Momma needs your help to make the cart go" (very Dora the Explorer-ish). I'm not sure getting the car cart is really worth 5 minutes of toddler entertainment. Especially the embarrassment caused while you knock over food displays and your child is happily saying hi to everyone while you pick up. Anyway, next time I'll wait until he's older or have someone stronger, like my husband, to push the darn thing.

In other news, Luke is quite the chatter box. His phrase this week is "I want it". I have no idea where he picked that one up, but it's about something he's not supposed to have like the fire poker.

Not all, but other words he says:
momma/mommy dada
milk
ball
juice
hot
one, two
go
truck
book
uh-oh
meow
moo
dog
roar
all done
oops
diaper
dance
water
hello
hi
bye
snack
num-num
nose
eye
sock
shoe
brush
bankt (blanket)
but (bellybutton)
oh no
no
gramma
bampa (grandpa)
nee-nee Auntie JaNeanne
tee tee - Auntie Christina
naa-na (banana)
apple
go away

4 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

okay, so I've seen people driving these car-carts and I've never thought that they looked easy to drive! They need to make better turning abilities on them.

angelalois said...

Wowwwwwww that is an inpressive list!! All I get are monkey noises and lion roars...

Julie said...

The car carts are quite embarrasing to manuver. I tried in once, with two kids, and didn't even get the shopping done. Wow! That's great that Luke's saying so many words! He's getting so big!

wandering nana said...

I use to shop late at night when kids were in bed and their Dad could watch them. I can't believe how much he is talking.